Banana Granola Bars (homemade dog treats) YouTube.

babybluegirl

babybluegirl

Hi there,

I have been looking on YouTube last night and came across a video on "dog treats" which I watched, loved because it looked so simple to do and I had all the ingredients in my kitchen. I have made these a few hours ago for Riley and the good news, they are a hit with him, so I thought I'd share the recipe typed up, as I played the video a few times and have it now saved as a Word Document so that I can print the page and make these again and again :)

I have attached it as a pdf file in case you do not have the same font for your computer.

Banana Granola Bars.pdf

Let me know if you make these too and how they turn out.

Note: I think I need to flatten the mixture next time as it took longer than 20 minutes to go golden brown and to cook fully all the way through.

After cooling on a baking tray, I have put the small treat size squares in two tupperware click lock boxes, I think we definitely have enough for a week or two! lol.

babybluegirl

10:20pm

• Like 4
Annabellerose

Can't wait to make these on my next day off! Thanks for sharing :-)

• Like 2
Missysmom

Thanks so much Alex I really need to get back to making Missy's treats and this looks great! If you get a chance would love to see a pic of Riley with one of his new treats!!

• Like 3
Sophie's Haven

These sound good.......sure my guys would love them........next trip to the grocery will have to buy some bananas!!! :banana:

• Like 2
babybluegirl

I was going to attach a picture of the treats in the tupperware boxes, but my email was playing up last night when I was posting the message so I couldn't open up the pictures that I had taken on my phone which I then sent over as an email so that it's easy to attach picture from laptop.

Hopefully I'll catch Riley eating a treat and will take a photo, although you might not see it, as they're small and vanish in no time! lol.

babybluegirl

12:23pm

• Like 2

Those sure sound yummy! I need to find more time to cook "anything"! :)

I know my babies would thoroughly enjoy them and *I* probably would too!

Vicki

• Like 2
Summerangel

Mmmmm these look nice. I'll be trying these tomorrow. Thanks for sharing Alex :)

Ummm...I think the dogs and I would fight over these! Thanks for sharing. :)

babybluegirl

I have eaten a few myself but found them too dry for me?!?

Depending on the size you cut up your treats, you might want to half the recipe if you're only feeding for one!

babybluegirl

10:52pm

• Like 1
babybluegirl

Anyone had time to try these out yet? Any success?

Unfortunately, I am going to have to throw most of mine away soon as the video said keeps for 7-10days... I'm not sure how safe it will be to keep them in the airtight container after Day 10?

Any thoughts?

babybluegirl

10:57am

Missysmom

I always freeze the 'cookies' I make for Missy, they last for a long time that way and only take a few minutes to thaw.

I haven't made these yet but do have the bananas!

Edited by Missysmom
  • Like 3

I agree with the other Vicki in freezing them. Or, at least refrigerate them to make them last longer.

That's certainly not something I need to worry about around here though. :whistling:

Vicki

• Like 3
babybluegirl

I always freeze the 'cookies' I make for Missy, they last for a long time that way and only take a few minutes to thaw.

I haven't made these yet but do have the bananas!

Thank you for your suggestion, I didn't think of freezing these! Doh.

I will bag them into small groups and put into the freezer so that I can defrost a bag at a time :)

Many thanks,

babybluegirl

10:32pm

• Like 1

I may try them tonight as I have a few ripe bananas I can use (I was going to make banana bread for the fam, but there may be enough to do both).

• Like 1
babybluegirl

I may try them tonight as I have a few ripe bananas I can use (I was going to make banana bread for the fam, but there may be enough to do both).

How did you get on? Did you make the treats?

babybluegirl

10:32pm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
babybluegirl

Alex I made these for Missy today and she LOVES them, thanks so much for the recipe!!!

Ah excellent! Did you manage to half the recipe, or did you just freeze lots?

babybluegirl

12:51pm

• Like 1
Missysmom

I made the whole recipe and freezed a lot. I'm like the freezer queen, everything goes in the freezer at my house, drives my husband nuts! But we always have goodies that can be thawed quickly! And Missy loves the surprise of getting a goodie she hasn't had in a while! :)

• Like 2