Banana Loaf (very easy)

babybluegirl

babybluegirl

Hi there,

Seeing as everyone is sharing a recipe, I thought I'd post a very easy recipe if you have two "old" bananas that are not looking their best :)

I've just made this tonight as my husband needs to take a cake into work tomorrow, so here it is uneaten:

Banana Loaf

post-61534-0-01748300-1416522592_thumb.j

Recipe to download (pdf file):

Note: The oven should be Gas Mark 4, not 3. Not sure what the temperature should be for conventional oven, but I use 180oC for fan assisted oven :) Hope that helps.

Ammended pdf file:

Recipe - Banana Loaf.pdf

babybluegirl

9:26pm

Edited by babybluegirl
  • Like 5
Annabellerose

Yum! It looks delishous! I love banana bread and will have to try your recipe. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 2

oh thank you baby blue,

i made some peanut butter cookie for them ,,i like gathering recipes,,but i dont have time to cook! grrrrrr

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
babybluegirl

Just making another banana loaf this afternoon as I have some bananas seeing better days.  I normally put the mixture into a rectangle tin loaf but for a change, I thought I'd christen some silicon muffin cases that I have.  Anyone know if the ingredients used would be okay for Riley to have one? (butter, caster sugar, vanilla extract, egg, bananas, self raising flour and milk)

Would they take less time being in little cases?  Riley's would be the yellow circle ones without the raisins :)

56c5dfaee6f09_BananaMuffins.JPG.45866a12

Thanks for reading,

babybluegirl

3:14pm

• Like 5
PipsMom

Ooooo I can smell it cooking now...yummy!

Yes, he can have them...... I give it to mine all the time....can't you tell by Abbys big butt? :roflmao:

They should cook the same as paper liners....to test for doneness ...insert a wooden toothpick in  the middle of one, if it slides out clean...they done 

• Like 4
babybluegirl
4 minutes ago, PipsMom said:

Ooooo I can smell it cooking now...yummy!

Yes, he can have them...... I give it to mine all the time....can't you tell by Abbys big butt? :roflmao:

They should cook the same as paper liners....to test for doneness ...insert a wooden toothpick in  the middle of one, if it slides out clean...they done 

They're definitely smelling nice :) I can't wait to try one myself! lol.  Thanks Crystal for your toothpick tip.

Riley apparently is on the top end of normal now for his weight, so he'll have to do extra walkies to burn off the banana muffin later :)

babybluegirl

3:23pm

• Like 4
PipsMom

Another useless tip....lol..... chip up some walnut pieces into the batter.....oh my goodness that's so yummy....just a bit of crunch!

• Like 4
babybluegirl
8 minutes ago, PipsMom said:

Another useless tip....lol..... chip up some walnut pieces into the batter.....oh my goodness that's so yummy....just a bit of crunch!

Aww, that sounds nice if I liked walnuts! lol.  The recipe I have is just a banana loaft without raisins, but I've added them in, and I like that added to the mix :)  I'm experimenting...

babybluegirl

3:47pm

• Like 4

I always add pecans because neither of us like walnuts.  Think I'll toss in some raisins next time.  I have a couple of bananas that will be perfect for banana bread in the next day or two.  :)

• Like 4
babybluegirl
10 minutes ago, Luna said:

I always add pecans because neither of us like walnuts.  Think I'll toss in some raisins next time.  I have a couple of bananas that will be perfect for banana bread in the next day or two.  :)

Sounds good :) I hope your husband is recovering?  Let me know how your banana loaf turns out.

babybluegirl

4:37pm

21 minutes ago, Summerangel said:

Ohhhh Alex, they look yummy.... Mmmmm with a nice cup of tea :cheezy:

Just come in from walkies with Riley, I think I'll go and put the kettle on and see what the banana muffins taste like :) Got to have my seal of approval.

babybluegirl

4:38pm

• Like 3