THE STUFF for DOGS

Sophie's Haven

Sophie's Haven

The Stuff for Dogs grooming spray.........this tangler remover and preventer repels dirt and prevents urine stain by forming a protective barrier. Made in the USA.....has anyone used this product? I was looking for something to use between baths to keep them looking fresh.......as they go outside a lot and they play doggie wrestling and pick up dirt and grass.......brushing them helps but was looking thur sites to see what was out there.

• Like 3

i ahve not used it, but i know some people who does...they liked it,

is the brand called, ยด.." the stuff"" ?? if so then thats the one,, they used. btw, she shows dog.

mybe some peeps can help,

xoxo

• Like 2
Sophie's Haven

Yes it is called THE STUFF.........my concern was that it stated a protective barrier and I wanted to be sure it does not feel like our hair spray on the coat.

• Like 2

i dont think its something like our hairspray. could be the ingredient, is some sort of oil,,,

read the ingredients,,,#

or maybe you can buy a small sample size,,,and try it,(pls . make a review if ever u decide to buy it) hehehe thx

with my experience.--not all products work on all dogs even if thy are of the same breed,

• Like 2
Pawz4me

I've used it.

I *believe* the protective barrier they refer to is from silicone. The ingredients aren't listed on the bottle, but in the back of my mind there's a niggling remembrance of reading that it has silicone in it. If you spray it on a grooming table, bathtub or hard floor it makes the surface very slick (due to the silicone content, I think). It worked well for Yogi, but I mostly used it diluted as a leave-in conditioner after his baths. It's definitely not sticky like hairspray, but I think silicone can tend to build up on some coats? I"m currently using a silicone containing product on my own hair and I have to say it's like a miracle.

• Like 4
  • 2 months later...
VanSwssAlmd

Crystal recently reviewed this product...I'll see if I can find her post :)

Update: Per Crystals post :)

"The Stuff conditioner...the concentrate bottle was very small for the price...made up one bottle...Did not like the feel of the hair when rinsed...felt like just washed hair that's squeaky clean....but still needs conditioner.....no softness..Will not be buying this again."

Edited by VanSwssAlmd
  • Like 2

I lot of people like The Stuff, but I prefer the Petedge version called "Glo Coat". I don't order from Petedge any more, but if I have a friend that is ordering and I need some I will have her order me a bottle. I really like CC Ice on Ice and Best Shot Ultra Max Finishing Spray. The ingredient that "repels" dirt and urine IS silicone in The Stuff and Glo Coat, which can lead to hair breakage if over-used. Lisa Leady makes a wonderful product called MagicMist, but that's really more a scissoring spray.

• Like 3

When Zeedo was changing coat and there were mats everyday, I used "The Stuff" diluted just to get the mats out. It worked great at the time on his coat type.

Sometimes I would spray a small amount after his bath (leave-in) and I remember his coat being shiny after that.

Edited by chrdso
  • Like 4
Pawz4me

Yogi was very soft after using The Stuff. But his coat is naturally very soft, even w/o using any kind of conditioner. So sometimes it's hard for me to make any judgments about products in that regard.

• Like 3
IpHiNiTi

I lot of people like The Stuff, but I prefer the Petedge version called "Glo Coat". I don't order from Petedge any more, but if I have a friend that is ordering and I need some I will have her order me a bottle. I really like CC Ice on Ice and Best Shot Ultra Max Finishing Spray. The ingredient that "repels" dirt and urine IS silicone in The Stuff and Glo Coat, which can lead to hair breakage if over-used. Lisa Leady makes a wonderful product called MagicMist, but that's really more a scissoring spray.

You can get on amazon too..

• Like 1