Good Useful Products?

Sophie's Haven

Phew, its just really all trial and error, but a little goes a long way.

• Like 1

I tried the Primrose Oil yesterday on Panda 1st. I put a little more than a teaspoon in 8 ounces of water and applied it and didn't rinse it out. I should have listened better!

THAT WAS WAY TOO MUCH!

Poor Panda is an oily mess. I'm going to have to re-bathe him, hopefully today.

It really turned his skin PINK too and I hope that isn't doing damage.

Then I bathed Nutter Butter and only used about 10 drops in the same 8 ounce container.

That seems to have worked out much better, but still may be too much.

I'll know better when I groom her today.

This stuff sure doesn't like to mix very well with water. Need to keep shaking it too.

I think I'm going to like this once I figure out just how much to use.

THANKS "baby"!

Vicki

Edited by Vicki
  • Like 2

Lol, i use galon of water. If i use teaspoon.but i rinse till i get desired results i want,if i mix it with the condioner i use just very few drops and rinse

Oil really can be tricky. So just a little goes a long way...

Two drops i use when i mix with conditioning spray.and yes i do keep shaking it!lol.

Where did u get the primrose oil?mine is from baldecci.its italian pet product...but then , not all dogs have same reaction to products, i wish they all do though.things would be so much easier!

I have not tried coconut oil, is it heavy on hair?

Edited by baby
  • Like 1

A gallon of water? No wonder poor Panda was so greasy! It was like he had no undercoat, which certainly would be a blessing, particularly for GingerSnap.

I did bathe Panda again and got it out of him. I did use the spray some on him, and that worked better without so much of a greasy feeling and look.

I believe I got my oil from Amazon. Mine is called Evening Primrose oil. Maybe that's not the exact same thing you're talking about. I also wish the same products would work the same on every dog, but as we know, that's not the case.

With the coconut oil, I've found the best way to apply it is by putting just a tiny amount on your hand and then rubbing your hands together to melt it. I then just lightly stroke the dog where I want the oil to be and brush it in. If more is needed, I just apply a little bit more. It's heavier than any conditioning sprays I've bought, but by applying a little bit at a time, you can manage just how heavy it is.

Live and learn!

Vicki

• Like 3