Soups On the Stove

Sophie's Haven

Sophie's Haven

Have you ever tried Arugula? What a bummer because it is really a great soup!!!!!! I know what you mean about the cabbage after having your gall bladder out.....I can not eat green peppers or raw apples.

• Like 1
missy dawn

Never even heard of that word.lol

sheila-shih tzu dreamer

• Like 1
Sophie's Haven

I am going to have to broaden your food world......arugula is a dark green leafy veggie. Great in salads. But you can also use in soups. Some of the mixed salad greens that you buy in the stores will have it listed as one of the ingredients.

• Like 1
missy dawn

I am going to have to broaden your food world......arugula is a dark green leafy veggie. Great in salads. But you can also use in soups. Some of the mixed salad greens that you buy in the stores will have it listed as one of the ingredients.

Green? Leafy? :nono: Lol, i may have to stick with lettuce. :hysterical:

Sheila-shih tzu dreamer

Edited by missy dawn
  • Like 1
Sophie's Haven

No Jo-Anne it runs in the line of spinach.....whenever I want to make a salad with different types of greens I will use this. It has a real mild taste. I was trying to find something for Shelia to replace the Kale in the soup and came up with a few suggestions to see what would work for her but she is a picky eater like some of our paws......... :hysterical:

• Like 4
missy dawn

No Jo-Anne it runs in the line of spinach.....whenever I want to make a salad with different types of greens I will use this. It has a real mild taste. I was trying to find something for Shelia to replace the Kale in the soup and came up with a few suggestions to see what would work for her but she is a picky eater like some of our paws......... :hysterical:

yep ,yep,yep yep,thats me,and hubby is even pickier! I did used to eat collards until gall bladder surgery,now thats out of the question.

sheila-shih tzu

• Like 3
Jo-Anne

Here I am this afternoon looking at seeds for my vegetable and herb garden this year..3d-jardinier.gif

and what do you know.....

....I grow Arugula every year in my own garden3d-animated-emoticons-smileys25.gifit is called Rucola in Dutch.

• Like 3
Sophie's Haven

I like the sounds of that......planning your veggie garden. Have been getting seed books everyday in the mail. I am going to be working on setting up a kitchen garden this year......with a selection of herbs and lettuces. Have an area all set up that is right off the back of the house.....easy to get to when I need something. Spring can not get here soon enough. When I get the winter blaws I go into my greenhouse and look at my geraniums and ferns..............

• Like 3