Cottage Cheese Pancakes (paws and for us)

Sophie's Haven

Sophie's Haven

This is our Sunday Morning breakfast...........This is a low carb pancake.............

Cottage Cheese Pancakes

3 eggs

1 cup cottage cheese

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 tablespoons honey or agave

1/2 cup all-purpose four

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/4 teaspoon of salt

oil or oil spray

Place the first 4 ingredients in a bowl and whisk. In a seperate bowl whisk the dry ingredients. Pour the dry mixture into the wet mixture and stir until just combined.

Heat a large griddle or pan over medium heat (I use my electric frying pan) lightly coat with oil and pour about 2 Tablespoon of mixture onto the pan for each pancake.

Cook for about 2 minutes and each side or until pancakes are set and golden.

Serve. For the paws cut in bite size chunks and drizzle with raw honey.....for us spread with butter and we use honey or syrup.

To Freeze...Let pancake come to room temp. place in ziplock bag and freeze up to 3 months.

When I first came across this receipe my first thoughts was UGH but being on low carb I wanted a selection of breakfast choices and so I gave them a try and they are a keeper at our house. The paws just love them......and they get a small piece of bacon along with their pancake.

I do not use a lot of all- purpose flour but I did try using almond flour and coconut flour but the texture and taste of the pancake was not to my liking so all-purpose flour it is.

• Like 10
Summerangel

Thanks for sharing Jeannine. I will definitely be cooking this for my paws :)

And me ;)

Edited by Summerangel
  • Like 5
missy dawn

I may have to try these.ive never had cottage cheese before

sheila-shih tzu dreamer

• Like 4
Sophie's Haven

The first time I served these to the hubby.......he commented on how light and how good they tasted........I said if I told you cottage cheese is one of the main ingredients what would you think.......he said had I not told him he would never have quessed. We really enjoy them............it is our Sunday morning treat.......I make them the day before and then heat them up on Sunday.

• Like 4
Annabellerose

Jeannine...does it have to be raw honey for the pups?

• Like 3
Marlene

That sounds intriguing and healthy (as pancakes go).

We very seldom eat anything like pancakes, waffles, french toast but for some reason my husband came home from

Costco the other day with a jug of pure maple syrup - $16 !! We will NEVER use it so I'm going to look for some recipes (for baked goods) that call for maple syrup.

I rarely make breakfast for the Big Guy - he's a cereal and banana guy but would do it for my dogs in a heartbeat!

I'm always concerned about their weight, also scared of Pancreatitis but would definitely feed these to them w/o butter and syrup.

• Like 4
Sophie's Haven

I prefer raw honey as store bought goes thru a lot of processing. I buy from a local bee keeper. Plus and I would not have beleived this if I did not have this happen to me is if you have allergies, hayfever to which come spring and fall I was a mess.......I took benadryl everyday for years to keep it under control.........then someone told me if I would start taking raw honey from a local and it has to be local bee keeper that my allergies/hayfever would go away and I could do away with the benadryl......so everyday for two weeks I took a Tablespoonful of the raw honey and it has now been 5 years without any issues and no more benadryl.................

• Like 5
Sophie's Haven

That sounds intriguing and healthy (as pancakes go).

We very seldom eat anything like pancakes, waffles, french toast but for some reason my husband came home from

Costco the other day with a jug of pure maple syrup - $16 !! We will NEVER use it so I'm going to look for some recipes (for baked goods) that call for maple syrup.

I rarely make breakfast for the Big Guy - he's a cereal and banana guy but would do it for my dogs in a heartbeat!

I'm always concerned about their weight, also scared of Pancreatitis but would definitely feed these to them w/o butter and syrup.

Thanks I :aktion033:

If this is the same maple syrup,,,,, my hubby did the same thing........but health wise this is better than store bought syrup. I do not like maple syrup so the hubby had the jug for awhile. We eat a good breakfast so he managed to get thru the jug, his only complaint was it was to thin but had a good taste.

• Like 4
Marlene

his only complaint was it was to thin but had a good taste.

How funny....my husband said exactly the same thing !

It's probably in the nature of the "real stuff" to be thinner than what we're

used to.

It's probably thickened with something like skunk anal glands or sumthin' to make

it thicker (and to use more!)

• Like 3
Jo-Anne

Now I have never heard of this. I do know cottage cheese.

The hubby loves it. But making pancakes out of it? Well shops are closed

now, but I sure will give it a try next week. I`ll let you know if I succeed :Dempty.gifempty.gif1276893f5rn28nbfn.gif

• Like 5
missy dawn

just got back from the grocery store with the cottage cheese,bout to try these

sheila shih tzu dreamer

• Like 4
missy dawn

I love it!!i had to use store bought honey.thats all you can find around here.now wonder how often you can eat these and get away with it???

sheila-shih tzu dreamer

• Like 3
PipsMom

Grocery list:

Cottage Cheese

Natural honey

I'm sorted now!

Will have it for breakfast next week

Thank you for sharing

• Like 4
Missysmom

Jo-Anne I don't know how you do it but those pancake bears are Adorable! your pics always make me smile!!

• Like 3
Sophie's Haven

I love it!!i had to use store bought honey.thats all you can find around here.now wonder how often you can eat these and get away with it???

sheila-shih tzu dreamer

I forgot to put the carb count.....for each pancake it is 5 carbs........as long as you make them that size. Glad you liked them. Now to make them really good you need to make Breakfast Meatballs..........

2 pounds of ground sausage

1 pound ground beef

3 eggs

2 Tablespoon minced onion instant (powdered kind)

1/2 Cup shredded cheddar cheese

black pepper to taste ( I don't do this because the sausage is seasoned enough for me)

Combine all ingredients.....roll into small balls.......place on cookie sheet. Bake in oven 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

How easy is that......and they are tasty and no carbs.........better yet!!!

• Like 1
Sophie's Haven

When you start eating healthy it is really hard to find good tasting receipes and that you don't get tired of eating but these pancakes are a keeper for me........hope those of you that try them enjoy them if not your paws will........hopefully you both will.

• Like 2
missy dawn

I scramble up my sausage.2 rolls at a time. Devide it into ziploc bags.(a good many)and put it into the freezer.for breakfast, i grab out 1 of those sausage bags, put it into a bowl add 2 eggs to it and a little bit of bacon bits.scramble it in a frying pan with butter.thats how i do it. :)

Sheila-shih tzu dreamer

• Like 2
missy dawn

I made my pancakes bigger than 2 tbsp of batter each lol

sheila-shih tzu dreamer

• Like 2
Jo-Anne

When you start eating healthy it is really hard to find good tasting receipes and that you don't get tired of eating but these pancakes are a keeper for me........hope those of you that try them enjoy them if not your paws will........hopefully you both will.

I am definitely going to make them next week. Do you always eat this low carb food? I do agree on this what you said about finding good tasting receipes if you want to eat healthy

that is so true. Thank you for sharing yours Jeannine 678872rfacbjiz03.gif

• Like 3
missy dawn

Yes Jeannine eats low carb.she has helped me alot! Shes been an inspiration

sheila-shih tzu dreamer

• Like 3

All these recipes sound SO YUMMY!

And, I'm SO hungry.

Wish I had all the ingredients so I could try them right now! Geezzz, "I'm going to cook???"

The information on allergies and using LOCAL honey makes so much sense. Those bees are getting the pollen from things around you that your allergic too! Almost makes me wish either me or my furbabies had allergies so I'd have a good excuse to eat more honey!

THANKS for sharing all the information!

Vicki

• Like 3
Sophie's Haven

I am definitely going to make them next week. Do you always eat this low carb food? I do agree on this what you said about finding good tasting receipes if you want to eat healthy

that is so true. Thank you for sharing yours Jeannine 678872rfacbjiz03.gif

I use to suffer from severe migraines most of my adult life and about 14 years ago I went on the Aktins diet just to loose a few unwanted pounds.....the migraines went away....soft drinks were the cause. Have not had one since. I have not had a coke or pepsi, my favorites in 14 years. Then I went off low carb for a couple of years and put on some weight. Got tired of feeling like crap every morning when I got up and no energy to do things and would either have the flu or a bad cold sometime durning the year.......So two years ago I went back on low carb.... took 4 days of HELL to detox but after I got thru that it was a breeze......it took me one year but I lost 30 pounds and I feel great. I have so much more energy and feel good when I put on a pair of jeans....considering I am as old as dirt!!!!!!

• Like 4

Well, I'm even older than dirt too and by a few years too! Hmmmm, my Doctor is always after me to put on MORE weight. He says my diabetes is just "eating" its way though my body. No padding left anywhere. It's awful!

Oh, and I very seldom wear anything BUT jeans! :)

Vicki

• Like 3