Cottage Cheese Pancakes (paws and for us)

Sophie's Haven

missy dawn

ya"ll aint old.age is just a number. :D

sheila-shih tzu dreamer

• Like 3

I do eat this, but i dont use flour,i Use protein powder.

Iam trying to get fit!lol,

i have not tried with my babies tho...hmm i Am thinking.

Thank u for sharing.i.miss ur recipes.

I.wanna move in with u...plzzzz

• Like 4
Jo-Anne

I use to suffer from severe migraines most of my adult life and about 14 years ago I went on the Aktins diet just to loose a few unwanted pounds.....the migraines went away....soft drinks were the cause. Have not had one since. I have not had a coke or pepsi, my favorites in 14 years. Then I went off low carb for a couple of years and put on some weight. Got tired of feeling like crap every morning when I got up and no energy to do things and would either have the flu or a bad cold sometime durning the year.......So two years ago I went back on low carb.... took 4 days of HELL to detox but after I got thru that it was a breeze......it took me one year but I lost 30 pounds and I feel great. I have so much more energy and feel good when I put on a pair of jeans....considering I am as old as dirt!!!!!!

Wow that is great Jeannine! that you have your energy back and your migraines are gone, so glad that the diet workes out so good for you. Now you use olive oil right in your kitchen,

do you know this pan? it is a hype here in Holland (I had it before that :D ) but it works great, so low in fat...hope you can see.

• Like 2
Jo-Anne

Well, I'm even older than dirt too and by a few years too! Hmmmm, my Doctor is always after me to put on MORE weight. He says my diabetes is just "eating" its way though my body. No padding left anywhere. It's awful!

Oh, and I very seldom wear anything BUT jeans! :)

Vicki

Come on you ladies are not OLD! I agree with Sheila...age is just a number :hug:

• Like 4
Sophie's Haven

Thank you Jo-Anne for sharing that video........I just gooled the Philips Air Fryer and liked what I read. I think this will be a new item in my kitchen in the weeks to come. Will let you know how it works. Thank You. :chef:

• Like 4
PipsMom

Come on you ladies are not OLD! I agree with Sheila...age is just a number :hug:

That's the trouble when I wake up achey and stiff....... My numbers up .......and I feel it

Hahaha

• Like 3

I.wanna move in with u...plzzzz

:hysterical:

We ALL want to move in with Jeannine! :)

Vicki

• Like 5
Sophie's Haven

:roflmao:I guess you could say I already run a BED AND BREAKFAST just not for humans but for 7 paws. :puppy::puppy::puppy::puppy::puppy::puppy::puppy: .................love my little guys!!!!

• Like 4
missy dawn

i made these again and put these in the freezer,took them out tonight for supper.ummmm love them!!! I would rather have these than regular pancakes!

sheila-shih tzu dreamer

Edited by missy dawn
  • Like 3
Sophie's Haven

I am so glad that you like them........it is like eating dessert to me. They will last in the frig for a good week if they don't get eaten first. The hubby prefers them to regular pancakes which makes me happy...............

• Like 4
Sophie's Haven

Wow that is great Jeannine! that you have your energy back and your migraines are gone, so glad that the diet workes out so good for you. Now you use olive oil right in your kitchen,

do you know this pan? it is a hype here in Holland (I had it before that :D ) but it works great, so low in fat...hope you can see.

Have been reading up on this product and other brands on the market. Will be going into the city in two weeks and already have my coupons to make my purchase......so far the Phillips is looking like the one I am going to get. Showed the hubby and he was impressed and already talking about how easy it would be for HIM to throw something together if I was not feeling well..............gotta love him. Thank you Jo-Anne for bringing this to my attention...........

• Like 4
Jo-Anne

Have been reading up on this product and other brands on the market. Will be going into the city in two weeks and already have my coupons to make my purchase......so far the Phillips is looking like the one I am going to get. Showed the hubby and he was impressed and already talking about how easy it would be for HIM to throw something together if I was not feeling well..............gotta love him. Thank you Jo-Anne for bringing this to my attention...........

Your welcome Jeannine. You made me laugh again, because my hubby was saying the same thing, that its easy for him :D Its real easy to clean also, there are two sizes I got the small

one, and I am very happy with it. So in two weeks you`ll be going into the city, will you let me know please.........

• Like 3
missy dawn

I need to go look on pinterest for more low carb cottage cheese recipes

sheila-shih tzu dreamer

• Like 1

This is our Sunday Morning breakfast...........This is a low carb pancake.............

Cottage Cheese Pancakes

3 eggs

1 cup cottage cheese

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 tablespoons honey or agave

1/2 cup all-purpose four

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/4 teaspoon of salt

oil or oil spray

Place the first 4 ingredients in a bowl and whisk. In a seperate bowl whisk the dry ingredients. Pour the dry mixture into the wet mixture and stir until just combined.

Heat a large griddle or pan over medium heat (I use my electric frying pan) lightly coat with oil and pour about 2 Tablespoon of mixture onto the pan for each pancake.

Cook for about 2 minutes and each side or until pancakes are set and golden.

Serve. For the paws cut in bite size chunks and drizzle with raw honey.....for us spread with butter and we use honey or syrup.

To Freeze...Let pancake come to room temp. place in ziplock bag and freeze up to 3 months.

When I first came across this receipe my first thoughts was UGH but being on low carb I wanted a selection of breakfast choices and so I gave them a try and they are a keeper at our house. The paws just love them......and they get a small piece of bacon along with their pancake.

I do not use a lot of all- purpose flour but I did try using almond flour and coconut flour but the texture and taste of the pancake was not to my liking so all-purpose flour it is.

I managed to miss this thread (and many more I will be working my way through) due to having to spend so much time prone the last week. These sound wonderful! Jeannine, have you ever made them with ricotta cheese?

• Like 1
Sophie's Haven

I am sure they would taste just as good.....I always have cottage cheese on hand (buy at Costco in lg. containers). I did try eating ricotta with some fruit as it was listed as a low carb snack and but did not care for the taste of it by itself. I use it in my zuchinni lasagne roll ups and it taste great there............

• Like 2