Non Edible Recipe

Sophie's Haven

Sophie's Haven

Fly Spray

1 Spray bottle (12OZ)  I broke mine down to 3 bottles as I have 3 porch areas......

2/3 CUP WHITE VINEGAR

1 3/4 CUP WATER

10 DROPS TEA TREE ESSENTIAL OIL

10 DROPS LAVENDAR ESSENTTIAL OIL

COMBINE WATER AND VINEGAR IN BOTTLE-SHAKE-ADD OILS-SHAKE WELL.

SPRAY AREA THAT YOUR GOING TO BE IN..........THE SMELL IS REALLY NICE OF THE TEA TREE/LAVENDAR OILS TOGETHER.

I was on Pinterest  looking for a DIY project that I am considering doing and came across this recipe. The hubby and I sit on our porches for coffee in the morning and lunch on his days off and the flies this year have been something awful.......so I had all the ingredients for this recipe and sprayed the porch area that we have lunch and we were able to eat lunch and chit chat for a while before the flies came back........I am thrilled to be able to eat and not having to swat flies away..........so I have a bottle at each porch door to spray the air before sitting down to relax and enjoy the day....Yeah!!

Now to find something natural for wasp......................

• Like 5
Missysmom

Ah thanks soooo much Jeannine, that's a much needed recipe here too! And Yay I too have all the ingredients, off to make some!! :cheezy:

• Like 2
Marlen

Thanks so much Jeannine! :D I will certainly try it out ;)

• Like 3
Summerangel

Thanks for sharing ? I'll be trying this too. ? 

• Like 2
babybluegirl

This sounds nice.  I might have to look into getting these oils to make this.

babybluegirl

9:19pm

• Like 1
missy dawn

the heat index today is suppose to be 107,cant take it outside. its even already HOT first thing in the morning

• Like 2
Sophie's Haven

It has been in the mid 90's here all week but for us early morning until up to about noon the temperature is still pretty nice. Our house sets in a cut that we get cool morning breezes so we take full advantage of that before they become hot breezes.............we have been getting afternoon showers that last for about 5 minutes........but still have to water all my gardens nightly.......I have Bailey so spoiled that he has a fit if I leave him in the house so I have to wait to water when the sun finally goes down so he can go with me. He is such a sweetheart he sits there and waits for me to finish or he will go up on the porch and lay where I am in his site.  The other day I went and got a fan and put it on the porch so he could be outside with me.......I had the fan directed at him so he could lay there and watch me pick blackberries ..........he was a happy paw.........

• Like 4
PipsMom

Ohh Bailey I had to chuckle. You are even More spoiled than my two...hehe

A fan on the porch ? Your a star Bailey

• Like 3
missy dawn

I would love a cool breeze here.we have been having alot of thunder storms with alot of rain.suppose to start again tomorrow.hubby is off to work before 730 and my day starts at 530, so no morning outings for us right now, lol.i do look forward to days like that.Bailey sounds adorable!!

Edited by missy dawn
  • Like 2

Fly Spray

1 Spray bottle (12OZ)  I broke mine down to 3 bottles as I have 3 porch areas......

2/3 CUP WHITE VINEGAR

1 3/4 CUP WATER

SPRAY AREA THAT YOUR GOING TO BE IN..........THE SMELL IS REALLY NICE OF THE TEA TREE/LAVENDAR OILS TOGETHER.

I was on Pinterest  looking for a DIY project that I am considering doing and came across this recipe. The hubby and I sit on our porches for coffee in the morning and lunch on his days off and the flies this year have been something awful.......so I had all the ingredients for this recipe and sprayed the porch area that we have lunch and we were able to eat lunch and chit chat for a while before the flies came back........I am thrilled to be able to eat and not having to swat flies away..........so I have a bottle at each porch door to spray the air before sitting down to relax and enjoy the day....Yeah!!

jeanine, hows the dog bed Diy?have u painted it? Would love to see it,, iam not good at DIY! Lol

• Like 3
PipsMom

I would love a cool breeze here.we have been having alot of thunder storms with alot of rain.suppose to start again tomorrow.hubby is off to work before 730 and my day starts at 530, so no morning outings for us right now, lol.i do look forward to days like that.Bailey sounds adorable!!

And to think a few months ago it was ice, snow and cold that would never end . :o

• Like 2
missy dawn

our HOTTEST month is still over a month away!! it goes from freezing to scorching here (no in between)

• Like 2
Sophie's Haven

Fly Spray

2/3 CUP WHITE VINEGAR

1 3/4 CUP WATER

jeanine, hows the dog bed Diy?have u painted it? Would love to see it,, iam not good at DIY! Lol

Funny you should ask..........I just finished the last coat of the black and hopefully tomorrow I will do my white polka dots.....Black and White are my new deco colors with a bit of Red for pop.........and I found that paint drop cloths once they are have been wash are perfect for pillow covers...............will post when I am done.

• Like 5

Jeanine, are u doing the bed from a drawer box? Or the polka dot reversed table...canopy style?...

How nice, .i wish i can do diy! Lol.

• Like 4
Sophie's Haven

It will be a surprise.......the drawer did not fit the frame that I had put together from the two chairs so the hubby made me a fake drawer box to fit.........my loveable handyman.

• Like 2
missy dawn

Fly Spray

2/3 CUP WHITE VINEGAR

1 3/4 CUP WATER

Funny you should ask..........I just finished the last coat of the black and hopefully tomorrow I will do my white polka dots.....Black and White are my new deco colors with a bit of Red for pop.........and I found that paint drop cloths once they are have been wash are perfect for pillow covers...............will post when I am done.

cant wait to see this Jeannine!!!

• Like 2