Roasted Chickpeas

Sophie's Haven

Sophie's Haven

I maintain a low carb lifestyle........I do not refer to it as dieting as that is a loosing battle. I have chosen this lifestyle due to the fact that I want to stay healthy, feel good, and be active to keep up with my 7 Wagging Tail Stinkers........I came across this recipe and as you well know that those of you that have eaten chickpeas they are rather bland but roasting them with spices makes them rather tasty. I like crunch so this is perfect for me.....you can eat them as a snack or toss them on your salad.

1 can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained, lay on paper towel and pat dry

Place in med. size bowl

drizzle with olive oil enough to coat the peas

sprinkle with your choices of spices such

smoked paprika.......garlic powder.........cumin.......sea salt......whatever your preference. I used Jane's Crazy Salt with all the Garlic spices......Make sure the peas are coated with spices. Place on nonstick cookie sheet......Bake at 400 for 40-45 min. About every 15 min. shake the pan to rotate the peas for even baking. 

You can replace the spice with cinnamon and raw sugar........a sweet crunch.............

• Like 4
Sophie's Haven

When I posted this recipe I just knew you were going to come back with a :nonono:..........they are not peas.....they are chickpeas......they have no flavor........until you spice them up........they might surprise you!!!!

• Like 4
missy dawn

When I posted this recipe I just knew you were going to come back with a :nonono:..........they are not peas.....they are chickpeas......they have no flavor........until you spice them up........they might surprise you!!!!

can i smother them in chocolate, :clap:just picking with you Jeannine

• Like 4
minabey

Sounds like a yummy treat! Too bad I don't have an oven but I do have a blender and sometimes make hummus from chickpeas.

• Like 2
PipsMom

:nonono:lol no peas

:cheezy:Just not Southern not to like peas girl......Especially the tiny White Acre Peas......Oh my what I'd give for a serving of those right now with a slice of corn bread 

• Like 3
missy dawn

:nonono:lol no peas

:cheezy:Just not Southern not to like peas girl......Especially the tiny White Acre Peas......Oh my what I'd give for a serving of those right now with a slice of corn bread 

i will eat sweet peas and peas w snaps .

• Like 1