GRAB THE BUCKET AND MOP

Sophie's Haven

Sophie's Haven

SCENTED FLOOR CLEANER

2 CUPS WARM WATER

1/2 CUP WHITE VINEGAR

1/4 CUP RUBBING ALCOHOL

3 DROPS DAWN DISH SOAP (HAS TO BE DAWN.....something to do with the chemical breakdowns)

15 DROPS OF ESSENTIAL OILS OF YOUR CHOICE

Can add mixture to spray bottle for quick clean ups or double the recipe for floor areas.......can be used on any floor.

I made this up this morning had to double the mixture to do my small bathroom.........cleaned up my wood floor really nice.....I used a citrus oil but could really only smell the rubbing alcohol..........I closed the bathroom door to allow the floor to dry undisturbed........about 20 minutes later I open the door to what now smells like an orange grove.

Shelia I know you mention holiday scents in your house right now.............. I think the peppermint for the holidays would be great..........plus gingerbread YUM plus after your overall cleaning making a mixture to put in a spray bottle for quick clean ups would be the thing. It stated that if you do the spay bottle to store in dark cool area........under the sink for quick grabbing would work. 

• Like 4
missy dawn

SCENTED FLOOR CLEANER

2 CUPS WARM WATER

1/2 CUP WHITE VINEGAR

1/4 CUP RUBBING ALCOHOL

3 DROPS DAWN DISH SOAP (HAS TO BE DAWN.....something to do with the chemical breakdowns)

15 DROPS OF ESSENTIAL OILS OF YOUR CHOICE

Can add mixture to spray bottle for quick clean ups or double the recipe for floor areas.......can be used on any floor.

I made this up this morning had to double the mixture to do my small bathroom.........cleaned up my wood floor really nice.....I used a citrus oil but could really only smell the rubbing alcohol..........I closed the bathroom door to allow the floor to dry undisturbed........about 20 minutes later I open the door to what now smells like an orange grove.

Shelia I know you mention holiday scents in your house right now.............. I think the peppermint for the holidays would be great..........plus gingerbread YUM plus after your overall cleaning making a mixture to put in a spray bottle for quick clean ups would be the thing. It stated that if you do the spay bottle to store in dark cool area........under the sink for quick grabbing would work. 

ive got everything but the essential oil.im checking Walmart and Hobby Lobby for that.Thanks Jeannine!

• Like 4

I have to insert my standard caution about essential oils -- be careful using them around cats!  There is a lot of evidence that says many of them are deadly to kitties.  At the very least I would confine cats to another part of the house when using essential oils.

• Like 6
missy dawn

I have to insert my standard caution about essential oils -- be careful using them around cats!  There is a lot of evidence that says many of them are deadly to kitties.  At the very least I would confine cats to another part of the house when using essential oils.

good information!

• Like 5
Infamousmare

I am about halfway through a program to become a Master Herbalist.   I get my EOs at Mountain Rose Herbs, only because I need them mainly for topical use and need to be sure they're 100% pure/unadulterated.    You can also get them Amazon.com, etc.   A little goes a long way.  :-)

• Like 4