One more sleep

Marlene

One more sleep with my foster family.......my forever Mama is coming to get me tomorrow.

I had to have a bath.  Foster Mama has already made me enough food for a couple of weeks, got me a new collar and leash, and some new toys to go with my favorites I'm taking with me.

Cowboy bath 2.jpg

Cowboy dry off.jpg

• Like 8
Summerangel

Awwwww you're such a sweetie. I wish you all the very best In your new home. I do hope we get to hear the odd update about you, that would be so lovely. 

• Like 3
Marlene

His new Mama asked for the link to the forum so I'm hoping she will share........

• Like 6
Crinkly

Oh, I hope we don't lose touch with him.

He looks much happier about his bath than my two do.  lol.

Am soooo glad he is going to a good home. :)

• Like 4
PipsMom

Going to miss your sweet little face cowboy...sure hope your new mom joins us so we can see you in your new home 

• Like 3
Marlene

I've never had a situation like this........he's going to be practically across the street for a few days.  If his Forever Mama calls me or comes by to say he's mopey or worried......I will die!  It's much better for him not to see me again (at least not this soon) - it would just confuse him.

• Like 8
ParadiseTzu

Awww, sweet little Cowboy, you are so cute. Sassy Mae, Willie and I wish you the very best as you go to your new home.

• Like 5
Missysmom

You're such a cutie Cowboy and oh my Sooo many wonderful things your momma Marlene got you! You tell your new momma that you're a celebrity on here and you just Gotta come back and see us, ok?!!  :ohyeah:

We love you and will miss you sweet Cowboy but are soo happy you found a wonderful furever home! Hugs and kisses from Missy and me! :throb:

• Like 4
Sophie's Haven

Cowboy if your anything like my Allie when she left her Foster Mom ........ she looked at it like a new adventure and never looked back. You sure are a sweet paw and will make your new family very happy. Enjoy your new life as you are going to be the center of their world....and you deserve it........Hugs to you little one. 

• Like 4
Sunlite

Thinking of you all today...

• Like 4
Marlene
On 8/17/2016 at 5:53 AM, Sophie's Haven said:

Cowboy if your anything like my Allie when she left her Foster Mom ........ she looked at it like a new adventure and never looked back.

Oh I hope so.

1 hour ago, Summerangel said:

How are you Marlene, I bet you're missing him... 

I am missing him  -  mornings were fun with him barking at me.  "Get up!  Let's eat!  C'mon Shorty....let's play!"  and then an after breakfast snuggle.

I have resisted picking up the phone to check on him but don't know how long I can do that.  Now news is good news - right?

• Like 8
missy dawn

It would make you feel better to check on him, go ahead ...pick up the phone, and you'll see, you'll feel better.:cell:

• Like 5
Marlene
29 minutes ago, missy dawn said:

It would make you feel better to check on him, go ahead ...pick up the phone, and you'll see, you'll feel better.:cell:

I've already had a report from one of my eyewitness spies :-)  Cowboy's story is known all over the neighborhood......one fellow in particular took a personal interest (they have 3 rescue Tzus) ran into Cowboy and his new Mama on a walk this morning.  He said "she was sooooo happy and Cowboy seemed fine". 

I will check sometime today........I forgot to give her his halter so will call and drop it off (sight unseen by Cowboy).

• Like 7
Sophie's Haven

I am curious did they keep his name? Hopefully as it fits his personality.

• Like 3
Marlene

They are keeping the name Cowboy (he responds to it) but adding "Wally".  The tiny beach town we are in is Waldport - the family has had a beach house here for many years so they added Wally.

I went by to drop off his halter and his Mama popped her head out of the upstairs window.  She said he is doing great!  Eating, sleeping, playing, getting into a little trouble (found a treat bag and was head first into it when apprehended).

His new Mama is here visiting with her own Mom who is 79 - Mama looked around last night, Cowboy had left her side.  He had found "Grandma" who had already gone to bed and hopped up with her.  He was READY to go to bed and found a likely spot.  He has always liked bedtime - I think it's his favorite time of day.

It doesn't sound like he's had a moment of being sad or worried...........sooooo glad.

• Like 7
PipsMom

Now that's wonderful news and here all his Aunties were worried about him. Cheeky monkey getting into treats and making grandma's bed his now .....that made me chuckle...He'll we just fine in his fur ever home 

• Like 5
Marlene

No matter, the age of the family that adopts one of my fosters.....I always love it when there is a Grandma involved.

• Like 6
Missysmom

Soo happy for Cowboy Wally, what a cute add to his name!! Sounds like he found the perfect furever home! :clap:

• Like 5
Summerangel

I agree, grandmas are the best.. It was lovely to hear about his little antics already, he's got his feet well and truly under the table. A happy ending and what a bonus you was part of making this happen for him... Enjoy cowboy ?

• Like 5
Marlene

Cowboy continues to do well and doesn't seem to be sad, mopey or confused.  His schedule continues just about the same as it was here.  He is loving having a Grandma in the house - she rests quite a bit.  Does word puzzles, watches TV, naps so Cowboy keeps her company.   No potty accidents, no destructive behavior.  His new behavior is when given tiny milk-bone dog treats......he hides them in a corner of the room.  His Mama said - it's always 2 and there are 2 in every corner of the big kitchen living room.  He accepts having his face washed, is eating like a champ and loves riding in the car.  It's nice that his new lifestyle is very much like our lifestyle.

I miss him.......and so does the Big Guy.

• Like 4
PipsMom

So love your updates, reassuring to hear he's fit right in with family life there. 

• Like 3