What is WRONG with people!?!

Marlene

This kind of stuff can make you give up on people......except that I know there are more GOOD ones out here who will care for this baby girl.

She is a senior Poodle, matted and blind.

I'm going to pull her from the shelter and get her to a vet.  Have also offered to foster short-term if another foster doesn't step up right away. 

Grrrrrrr.  If nothing else - people who give a home (?) to a dog needing regular grooming should have to be held legally responsible for grooming.  

Stupid I know - and something I gave no thought to until we brought Shorty G into our home.

image001.png

• Like 7
Summerangel

Bless her little heart. I hope there's no sores under those matts.  Blind as well, she must be so frighten at the moment...

• Like 6
Crinkly

Goodness!  Those knots and matts must be pulling and restricting her movement and be uncomfortable to lie on. 

Poor love.

thank you Marlene.

• Like 6
Pawz4me

I've seen cases where the blindness is suspected of being due to not being groomed (hair irritating the eyes for prolonged periods of time). So in at least some cases the blindness could have been prevented.

I think people who let a dog who requires regular grooming get in that condition should be prosecuted for animal cruelty.

• Like 6
Shihtzumummy2
12 hours ago, Marlene said:

This kind of stuff can make you give up on people......except that I know there are more GOOD ones out here who will care for this baby girl.

She is a senior Poodle, matted and blind.

I'm going to pull her from the shelter and get her to a vet.  Have also offered to foster short-term if another foster doesn't step up right away. 

Grrrrrrr.  If nothing else - people who give a home (?) to a dog needing regular grooming should have to be held legally responsible for grooming.  

Stupid I know - and something I gave no thought to until we brought Shorty G into our home.

image001.png

OMG how disgusting, the poor wee thing, oh this has totally upset me. How people can do this is beyond me. I agree with you, Heartbreaking to see how cruel the human race can be

• Like 3
Sophie's Haven

What a blessing that your paths crossed.....at least now she will be given proper care and love until she is placed in a forever home.........Thanks Marlene for having such a kind heart for these paws that are less fortunate.........

• Like 3

Poor baby!  Bless you for helping her.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
Missysmom

Any update on what happened with this pup Marlene? I so hope she has a furever home and lots of love for the holidays..

• Like 3