Our Much Loved Lucy

Sophie's Haven

BeFunky_IMG_1477.jpg.jpg.2e409c010f8517af2d21d81b4c1d75a5.jpg

Lucy would have been with us 5 years this coming Memorial Day weekend, to which seems it was only a short time ago she came into our home.  This has been a bad year with the loss of Missy, Andy and Gracie so we have been putting this off for as long as we could. Her quality of life was gone, in the past few months dementia set in and she would have times of total confusion of who we were and where she was at among other issues she was dealing with. We have no idea of her actual age but we quess somewhere between12-14.  Our Lucy was not a happy paw.......up until a few months ago not a day would go by that she would not sit by the back door and cry for what we believe was her owner to come get here. She did not interact with the other paws ......she was a loner and pretty much kept to herself.  She loved walking the creek in the back of our house so a couple times a week Bill would let her roam down there for a period of time and when she tired out she would head back to the house.  She also loved riding in the truck, she would prop herself by the window or sit on a cushion to look out the window...........but her last trip in the car she curled up on my lap and never looked up........I even mention to Bill that in the time we have had her that was the first time she ever did that........curl up on my lap and lay her head down........she had no interest in what was going on outside the window. I will remember that time spent with her even though it was for only 15 minutes and it was on her last day of  life.  Love you Lucy Girl..................

• Sad 4
Missysmom

I am so very sorry and sad to read we’ve lost dear Lucy and especially sad to read about the dementia, our last shepherd had that and it was so very sad to watch.. Bless you Jeannie for all you did for Lucy and making her life so much better, Rest In Peace sweet sweet Lucy, you’re at peace now dear one. Hugs Jeannie, you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers, what a very very hard year you have had. Hugs❤️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
beebalm

I am so very very sorry :sadangel:for the loss of your beloved paw Lucy ?

I know to well that losing a paw ? is so very devastating  :sad_2:lots of warm hugs to you....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Jo-Anne

So sorry for your loss. I remember you were the "star" on the Dutch forum Lucy. Your Mom kindly told your story to our members . I am so glad you were in this loving home for 5 years. Rest now little one. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Summerangel

I’m so sorry to hear of Lucy’s passing. I’ve always enjoyed listening to your stories of your paws, and I’m heartbroken for you. You have opened up your home to these beautiful paws and brought them so much love and  joy in their lives. They have given you all so much love back.

You’ve had a tough time of it lately. 

Hugs to you all 

You’re all in my thoughts and prayers 

Edited by Summerangel
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Sunlite

I'm so sorry about Lucy...so hard to lose a family member... :sadangel:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
ParadiseTzu

I am so sorry, Jeannine.  This year has been a tough one for you and I know how much you and Bill loved Lucy.  What a blessing for all of you she had those 5 wonderful years and was able to do some things she enjoyed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
missy dawn

I'm so sorry to hear this Jeannine, my heart breaks for you. Loosing a fur baby is truly one of the hardest things ever (((hugs)))

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Luna

I'm so sorry Jeannine.  They are never with us long enough.  RIP Lucy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...