Can you vote for our Rescue?

My Local ACO asked if I could post this around?

This group is trying to raise funds to build an actual animal shelter.

We do not have on. Right now all we have is the ACO and a Child Behavioral school

& very few fosters for the animals ( this is a NO Kill shelter). The ACO has to travel to pick up a dog or cat, etc. and atke it to the town vet. Where he can be on duty & helping other animals else where.

He already has the land picked out, but needs help with funds.

Here is all the information:

Help [sweetpea, Friends of Rutland Animals] win a $25,000 grant!

[Custom Greeting]

Vote for us at www.theanimalrescuesite.com and we could win $25,000 to help pets in need.

The Animal Rescue Site is hosting a special challenge for eligible Petfinder.com member shelter and rescue groups. The grand prize is a $25,000 grant, and they will be awarding many other grants to rescue groups with the most votes — a total of $100,000 in grants for animal welfare organizations.

Think how many animals we could help for $25,000!

Help us win! All you have to do is click to help rescued animals, and then vote in The Animal Rescue Site $100,000 Shelter+ Challenge. Both of these actions are absolutely free! You can vote once a day, every day, from September 29 through December 14, 2008. Every time you vote, or tell a friend to vote, you are making a huge difference for us.

Vote today!

Visit: www.theanimalrescuesite.com

Here is our local shelter site: http://www.sweetpeafora.org

Thanx you all! :ranting:

I voted! (Do I get a sticker??)

Also, their store looks great. I love the fair trade stuff. Very interesting site.

:emot-angel:

I like it too. :bdaycake:

I like the fact that you done have to buy anything to vote. :)I am hoping we can get some money. It would be great if we had a shelter here close to that school.

I have heard some really great things about the school taht is fostering some of the animals.

The pet program is doing wonderful things for the kids at that school!

Our ACO will keep am animal for life if it does not get adopted.

Unfortunately, After my Mom passed in Feb. Dad decided that he did not want to keep thier Shiba Inu & asked if I could help find a home for him. I could not keep him too long either. :dunno:

His Shiba Inu trait were way to strong for us. He was a handful! A runner, a biter (towards some people)

and was dog aggresive to any dog that wasn't in his "pack".

I talked to the ACO & he he took him. Kept me updated on everything. 3 Months of kennel time, Rusty picked his family out! They were told about his issues & they really wanted him. So it was a happy ending for him. When I took him to the shelter in the ACO's house. I gave him all the paper work on Rusty that my Mom had. Poor man was shocked & almost fell over when I gave him the envelope filled with the paper work! I gave him records of every vaccine Rusty had since my mom had him & the nuertering paper work.

I even gave him the AKC papers & pedigree search that my Mom & I did. I guess he didn't realize how much my family & I are into our pets??

FairyTail Josette

I just voted and put in my favorites to remind me to vote daily. :emot-angel:

What a cool store! I loved the jewelry and paw print handbags and so many other neat things. What a great cause.

I am definitely going to do some Christmas shopping there.

I just thought I'd come back with a helpful link for you all to look at.

We can not thank you enough for your votes!

Now we do have a site that we do want to build on.

It is part of the 160 acres that the school is on.

Here is the link to tell you all about Devereux School

I have talked to one of their older students & some of the teachers.

It sounds like all the students really enjoy working with the animals.

Here is the program:

Animal Care

The Devereux Animal Care program works closely with the local animal shelter and the "Sweatpea Adoption Agency" to facilitate successful small animal adoptions. The students learn to care for and interact appropriately with the animals. The skills they develop include: grooming, feeding, ear/dental care and socializing. In addition, the students work closely with the teachers to learn how to modify animal behavior as necessary.

CrazyTzuLady

I voted and put it in my bookmarks!

I voted.Really enjoyed the site

So far we are: 97. Sweetpea Friends of Rutland Animals Rutland, MA 1543

We need more votes! :)

I skimmed through a few & noticed that those already have brand new shelters built or additions.

Lucky them. We need one built now. :dede:

:dede: This is a great site, I bookmarked it as i wil defintely be doing some shopping there. Such a good cause. :)

I voted! I'll put it in my favorites to remind myself!!

What a great cause...good luck and I hope that you get the money you need to have the shelter

built quickly. :(

:)

#82! Keep on clicking! :bdaycake:

:bdaycake:

I've been clicking away, plus bought some stuff from the site.

• 2 months later...

I been clicking to!